Chislehurst & Sidcup Housing Association

Providing cost effective, efficient services

Access to Your Home

We will not disturb your enjoyment of your home unless it is essential for us to gain access. This section outlines when we might need to enter your property.

Can you come into my home?

You have the right to live in your home without us interfering unless we need access to do emergency repairs, or service your gas appliances. In these circumstances we can enter your home if you do not give us access.

Even in an emergency, we will always try to contact you first so please try to make sure that we have up to date contact details for you.

Tenancy audit

Once a year the Association will carry out a tenancy audit. This involves a home visit by the Sheltered Housing Manager or the Housing Services Manager for general needs tenants. An appointment will be made with you before the visit. This is to ensure that the person(s) living in the property is the person(s) that signed the Tenancy Agreement and that the property is being kept in a reasonable condition in line with the Tenancy Agreement.